Join us for our summer sermon series in Genesis called In the Beginning… We’ll look at the first 11 chapters and address questions such as: How did the world begin? How did sin affect God’s perfect creation? What was God’s plan to reconcile sinful humanity to Himself through Jesus?
In The Beginning…Genesis 1-11
- Creation and Rest | June 2, 2019 | Shawn Peterson | Genesis 1:1-2:3
- Image of God | June 9, 2019 | Billy Brand | Genesis 1:26-31
- Created for One Another | June 16, 2019 | Shawn Peterson | Genesis 2:5-25
- Temptation and the Fall | June 23, 2019 | Shawn Peterson | Genesis 3:1-13
- Hope and Grace After the Fall | June 30, 2019 | Brad Ellgen | Genesis 3:14-24
- Cain and Abel | July 7, 2019 | Shawn Peterson | Genesis 4
- God’s Response to Increasing Wickedness | July 14, 2019 | Shawn Peterson | Genesis 6:1-8
- The Flood | July 21, 2019 | Shawn Peterson | Genesis 6:9-8
- Noah and a New Beginning | July 28, 2019 | Cordell BaanHofman | Genesis 8:1-9:17
- Noah and the Fall | August 4, 2019 | Shawn Peterson | Genesis 9:18-10:32
- The Tower of Babel | August 11, 2019 | Shawn Peterson | Genesis 11
Creation and Rest | June 2, 2019
We know that God created it all and He rules over it all. We should unite around that statement. We will also focus on how the awe and marvel of creation should lead us to worship and trust Him.
Created for One Another | June 16, 2019
God saw all He created and said that it was good. But, He also said that it’s not good for Man to be alone, so He created all the creatures and Woman. God created us to be in community.
Cain and Abel | July 7, 2019
The point of Genesis 4 was to show that sin was spreading in the world. Cain and Abel and Lamech are examples of how sin was spreading. Also, why did God reject Cain’s offering? Abel gave his offering in faith and Cain did not. It shows that God is interested in what’s in our hearts.
God’s Response to Increasing Wickedness | July 14, 2019
Humanity still follows the same pattern today as described in the book of Genesis: We see something, we think it looks good and we take it. This is faithless living. With faithful living, we trust God and His goodness.
Noah and a New Beginning | July 28, 2019
We’ve all heard the story of Noah, but this time really think about what it must have been like to be on the ark for over a year! This experience would have stretched Noah’s faith and patience. We see how God was faithful through the whole process. God often asks us to wait on Him and trust Him.
Noah and the Fall | August 4, 2019
Even after the flood reset humanity, Noah made poor decisions. Why would God want this story of Noah in the Bible? It’s to show how old patterns remain and have consequences. The only way to break old patterns is to have a Savior.