Jesus was a master communicator. As a person reads the Gospels, they see how he utilized various methods to make his point. He asked lots of questions to prompt conviction, he explained the truth in simple terms, he quoted the Old Testament in response to people, and lastly, he told parables to hold people’s attention and make an unexpected point. This 10-week series runs through August 8.
The Parables of Jesus
- Build Upon the Rock | June 6, 2021 | Nick Jones
- The 4 Soils: Different Reactions to Jesus | June 13, 2021 | Shawn Peterson
- The Wedding Banquet | June 20, 2021 | Shawn Peterson
- Hired Workers | June 27, 2021 | Ben Graham
- Treasure and Pearl | July 4, 2021 | Shawn Peterson
- Weeds: On Lingering Evil in the World | July 11, 2021 | Ben Graham
- The Parable of the Unforgiving Servant | July 18th, 2021 | Nick Jones
- The Good Samaritan: On Loving | July 25th, 2021 | Ben Graham
- The Friend at Midnight: On Prayer | August 1st, 2021 | Shawn Peterson
- The Mustard Seed: On Power | August 8th, 2021 | Shawn Peterson
The 4 Soils: Different Reactions to Jesus | June 13, 2021
In the parable of the 4 soils, Jesus talks about seeds that land on different types of dirt. This story helps us think what kind of seeds he is talking about, what kind of soil we are and what the fruit of good soil looks like.
The Wedding Banquet | June 20, 2021
Jesus told the parable of the wedding banquet to illustrate the kingdom of heaven. Like a wedding, heaven is a party. Jesus wants everyone to come to the party but people have different responses to the invitation.
Hired Workers | June 27, 2021
In the parable of The Workers of the Vineyard, Jesus tells the story of workers who all receive the same payment for different amounts of work. As we dive into this parable this week, we’ll learn about God’s perspective in contrast to our own.
Download G2Q Word Doc
Download G2Q PDF
The Parable of the Unforgiving Servant | July 18th, 2021
In response to a servant asking Christ how often he must forgive his brother, Jesus responds with the parable of the unforgiving servant. The main point? We have been forgiven over and over, and the Kingdom of Heaven expects us to do the same to others.
The Mustard Seed: On Power | August 8th, 2021
As we conclude the series of the Parables, we look at the story of comparing the mustard seed to the kingdom of heaven. What we can learn from this is that there are 3 expressions of power – unexpected power, new life power and growing power.