Developing Next Generation Church Leaders
Foothills’ Residency Program is a 20 hour per week, two year program for leaders who want to grow in the theological, spiritual and practical implications of church ministry.
This program provides leadership experience and pastoral growth as well as theological and character development.
- The residency will begin in January 2021 and be completed in December 2022
- Housing is provided for all residents, through the generosity of FBC members
- Residents will also receive a monthly stipend
Residents gain experience by serving as part of the staff team. The first year of the program includes an opportunity to serve under the guidance of multiple ministry programs, gain insights into church operations, and a weekly mentorship program. The second year of the residency program allows a targeted opportunity to serve in specific ministry areas of interest and passion based on giftings and abilities.
Below are the departments at Foothills in which a resident might serve. As a growing church, Foothills offers several unique serving opportunities in each department.
- Summit Kids (Birth thru 4th grade)
- Ascent (5th – 6th grade)
- Foothills Student Ministry (FSM)
- Middle School (7th-8th grade)
- High School (9th-12th grade)
- Growth Groups (G2)
- Care and Life Events
- Worship Programming
Core Developmental Components
Development of residents will take place through 3 areas:
These components will be pursued through reading, mentorship, ministry leadership, and various campus tasks.