Humans are like houses in that we can look good from the outside but there can be hidden problems. What do we do when there are things that are destroying us on the inside? Are we doomed in our desperation or do we turn to an expert? The Psalms show us that God can touch our spirit and help us look behind our walls to see what’s going on in our hearts. This is what we’ll look at during this 7-week series, Strength in the Storms.
Strength in the Storms Sermons
- A Prayer of Rest | October 13, 2019 | Shawn Peterson | Psalm 91
- A Prayer of Security | October 20, 2019 | Shawn Peterson | Psalm 16
- A Prayer for Depression | October 27, 2019 | Shawn Peterson | Psalm 42, 43
- A Prayer of Confession | November 3, 2019 | Brad Ellgen | Psalm 32
- A Prayer of Seeking | November 10, 2019 | Shawn Peterson | Psalm 34
- A Prayer of Resolution| November 17, 2019 | Shawn Peterson | Psalm 98
A Prayer for Depression | October 27, 2019
Psalm 42, 43
There are real circumstances in our lives that can lead us to feeling downcast. Sometimes the causes are not clear to us. But we can seek hope in the Lord in specific ways as we see in Psalms 42-43.
A Prayer of Confession | November 3, 2019
At different times and in different ways we become aware that we are broken and regret things that we have thought, said, and done. Regardless of how hard we try we never get it quite right, which can lead to shame and guilt. In Psalm 32, God promises the blessings of forgiveness to anyone who will trust Him and confess their sins.
A Prayer of Seeking | November 10, 2019
We’ll experience a dramatic portrayal of David writing Psalm 34. We’ll experience right along with David what he was feeling when he was in the darkest point in his life. When he felt like he had no nowhere left to turn, he turns to the Lord. The Lord meets him, encourages him and soothes his heart. David writes this Psalm to encourage us to do the same.