Join us as we walk through the book of Philippians Fall 2020 – Spring 2021. Paul’s circumstances were grim, yet he lived as a gospel-transformed person and was able to experience joy. God wants you to experience this kind of joy too.
- An Encouraging Beginning | October 18, 2020 | Shawn Peterson
- For Me to Live is Christ | October 25, 2020 | Shawn Peterson
- Living Worthy | November 1, 2020 | Ben Graham
- If Any… Then Love | November 8, 2020 | Shawn Peterson
- If Any… Then Love Part 2 | November 15, 2020 | Shawn Peterson
- Work Out What God Worked In | November 22, 2020 | Shawn Peterson
- Hold Fast to the Word of Life | November 29, 2020 | Nick Jones
- How to Be Worthy of Honor | January 10, 2021 | Shawn Peterson
- Rejoice in the Lord | January 17, 2021 | Shawn Peterson
- Rejoice in the Lord, Part 2 | January 24, 2021 | Shawn Peterson
- Forget and Press On | January 31, 2021 | Shawn Peterson
- Like a Rock | February 7, 2021 | Ben Graham
- The Secret to Contentment | February 14, 2021 | Shawn Peterson
- Give to Gain | February 21, 2021 | Shawn Peterson
For Me to Live is Christ | October 25th, 2020
True joy isn’t the result of a trouble-free life. True joy can be found when we first acknowledge that life is hard. We then acknowledge that God can turn our common hardships into something great. Finally, we acknowledge that to live is Christ and fully surrender to Him.
Living Worthy | November 1st, 2020
Has anyone ever called you a Christian hero before? Do you believe you are? We should be and we can be. In Philippians 1:27-30, we’ll look at what it means to be a Christian hero, how it happens, and where we get the power.
If Any…Then Love | November 8th, 2020
As humans living in a fallen world, we are afflicted with the disease of selfishness. We can try to manage it, but we never get it fully under control. The antidote is the Gospel and an eternal supply of everything our heart needs in Jesus.
If Any…Then Love Part 2 | November 15th, 2020
Is it impossible to count others as greater than ourselves since it so strongly opposes everything in our flesh? God’s Word tells us that, as Christians, we have been given the resurrection power of Jesus Christ living within us which makes it possible.
Work Out What God Worked In | November 22nd, 2020
What does it mean in Philippians 2:12 -13 that we should “work out your salvation with fear and trembling.” We’ll see that the Holy Spirit provides the Christian with both the desire and the working power to do what pleases God.
How to be Worthy of Honor | January 10th, 2021
When we look at how we look at honor and respect, is it something we give freely, or does it need to be earned? As we look at Phil. 2:19-30, we’ll explore this question in the context of Timothy and Epaphroditus.
Rejoice in the Lord, Part 2 | January 24th, 2021
As we stop placing our confidence in ourselves but instead place all our confidence in knowing Jesus, we can rejoice in the Lord. It comes as a feeling of inner gladness based upon God’s victory over sin and death.
Forget and Press On | January 31st, 2021
We take a deep dive into Philippians 3:7-16 and what it means to receive, forget and press on. These are instructions for how we can live in freedom of imputed righteousness which results in unexplainable to break out!
Like a Rock | February 7th, 2021
Does it seem like the world is growing more and more unstable? How can we stand firm? It is possible to have stability like a rock when everything around is like shifting sand. Paul tells us how to find peace in the principle through poise, prayer, and presence.
The Secret to Contentment | February 14th, 2021
We all long for contentment but why does it seem to allude us? Maybe we’re looking in the wrong places. As we look at Philippians 4:10-13, Paul has learned how to experience contentment in any and all circumstances. As we break this passage down, we see there are 5 main ingredients for us to live in contentment.