James wrote a letter rich with wisdom on how we are to live. We’ll look at practical ways to apply this wisdom to our everyday lives.
The Book Of James: Practical Faith Sermons
- Count It All Joy | James 1:1-4 | Nick Jones | October 14, 2018
- Who Wants Some Wisdom? | James 1:5-8 | Shawn Peterson | October 21, 2018
- Two Trials with Money | James 1:9-11 | Shawn Peterson | October 28, 2018
- When Trials Become Temptations (And What To Do About It) | James 1:12-18 | Jeremy Hart | November 4, 2018
- How the Implanted Word Grows | James 1:19-21 | Shawn Peterson | November 11, 2018
- How to be Blessed by the Bible | James 1:22-25 | David North | November 18, 2018
- Favoritism is Anti-Gospel | James 2:1-7 | Shawn Peterson | November 25, 2018
- Are You Under the Law of Liberty? | James 2:8-13 | Billy Brand | December 30, 2018
- True Faith is a Dynamic Faith | James 2:14:26 | Nick Jones | January 6, 2019
- The Power of Words, Part 1 | James 3:1-5 | Shawn Peterson | January 13, 2019
- The Power of Words, Part 2 | James 3:6-12 | Shawn Peterson | January 20, 2019
- Worldly Wisdom Vs. Godly Wisdom | James 3:13-18 | Shawn Peterson | January 27, 2019
- Civil War | James 4:1-3 | Jeremy Hart | February 3, 2019
- Humble Yourself | James 4:1-10 | Shawn Peterson | February 10, 2019
- Does Your Communication Repel or Embrace? | James 4:11-12 | Shawn Peterson | February 17, 2019
- The Illusion of Control | James 4:13-17 | Shawn Peterson | February 24, 2019
- The Cost of Money | James 5:1-6 | Nick Jones | March 3, 2019
- The Upside and Downside of Waiting | James 5:7-11 | Brad Ellgen | March 10, 2019
- Prayer | James 5:13-18 | Shawn Peterson | March 17, 2019
- How to Rescue Someone in Spiritual Danger | James 5:19-20 | Shawn Peterson | March 24, 2019
Who Wants Some Wisdom? | October 21, 2018
Like waves in the ocean, we battle being ruled by our circumstances. We can start to say NO to being ruled by our circumstances and say YES to receiving God’s wisdom as we deal with things in our lives. God will give us the wisdom we need when we ask, and He will give it generously!
Two Trials with Money | October 28, 2018
The Bible talks a lot about the trap of money so we can be leery of how we view it. Don’t look for your sense of joy in riches. True joy and happiness comes from the unseen; the spiritual side, not the material side.
When Trials Become Temptations (And What To Do About It) | November 4, 2018
Temptation always carries a bait that appeals to our natural desires. But, there’s a hook under the bait that can lead us into sin, pain, and ultimately death.
How the Implanted Word Grows | November 11, 2018
A prideful person is quick to speak, quick to anger, and does not want to listen. If you relate to people this way, you will also relate to God this way. you can have trouble receiving God’s Word because pride is getting in the way.
Favoritism is Anti-Gospel | November 25, 2018
James cautions us against honoring people based on their wealth. We will have a better view of their heart if we learn to look past outward appearances and their social status here on earth.
Are You Under the Law of Liberty? | December 30, 2018
James speaks about partiality being against the Royal Law and the Law of Moses. He says that we should speak and act as those under the Law of Liberty. What are these laws, and which one are you under?
Worldly Wisdom vs. Godly Wisdom | January 27, 2019
Wisdom is revealed through how we act. If you create discord and strife, you are acting with worldly wisdom. If you are peace-loving and gentle, you are acting with Godly wisdom.
The Illusion of Control | February 24, 2019
Are you functioning like you are in full control of tomorrow, next week, next month? Who is actually in control? The uncertainty during the times James was writing about can teach us how to actively remember the Lord and His presence in our lives.
The Cost of Money | March 3, 2019
In the first 6 verses of James 5, we see that how we use our money is a direct reflection of our spiritual maturity. When our heart belongs to money and the things it can buy, it has a great cost to our lives.
The Upside and Downside of Waiting | March 10, 2019
Suffering in our lives serves at least two purposes – it reveals and helps us develop our spiritual maturity. James encourages us to be patient in our suffering and trust God.
Prayer | March 17, 2019
James, the brother of Jesus, tells us to pray. We should pray with boldness and confidence and watch God work in our life. He knows that even Christians don’t fully grasp the power of God and how much He loves us.