James wrote a letter rich with wisdom on how we are to live. We’ll look at practical ways to apply this wisdom to our everyday lives.
The Book Of James: Practical Faith Sermons
- Count It All Joy | James 1:1-4 | Nick Jones | October 14, 2018
- Who Wants Some Wisdom? | James 1:5-8 | Shawn Peterson | October 21, 2018
- Two Trials with Money | James 1:9-11 | Shawn Peterson | October 28, 2018
- When Trials Become Temptations (And What To Do About It) | James 1:12-18 | Jeremy Hart | November 4, 2018
- How the Implanted Word Grows | James 1:19-21 | Shawn Peterson | November 11, 2018
- How to be Blessed by the Bible | James 1:22-25 | David North | November 18, 2018
- Favoritism is Anti-Gospel | James 2:1-7 | Shawn Peterson | November 25, 2018
Who Wants Some Wisdom? | October 21, 2018
Like waves in the ocean, we battle being ruled by our circumstances. We can start to say NO to being ruled by our circumstances and say YES to receiving God’s wisdom as we deal with things in our lives. God will give us the wisdom we need when we ask, and He will give it generously!
Two Trials with Money | October 28, 2018
The Bible talks a lot about the trap of money so we can be leery of how we view it. Don’t look for your sense of joy in riches. True joy and happiness comes from the unseen; the spiritual side, not the material side.
When Trials Become Temptations (And What To Do About It) | November 4, 2018
Temptation always carries a bait that appeals to our natural desires. But, there’s a hook under the bait that can lead us into sin, pain, and ultimately death.
How the Implanted Word Grows | November 11, 2018
A prideful person is quick to speak, quick to anger, and does not want to listen. If you relate to people this way, you will also relate to God this way. you can have trouble receiving God’s Word because pride is getting in the way.
Favoritism is Anti-Gospel | November 25, 2018
James cautions us against honoring people based on their wealth. We will have a better view of their heart if we learn to look past outward appearances and their social status here on earth.