When God calls us, we have a choice on how to respond. We can ignore it or move forward in faith. In this series, we take a close look at the life of Abraham who answers the call of God because he accepts and realizes the reality of there being only one true God.
- Abraham and the Promise | October 24th, 2021 | Nick Jones
- Returning to God after a Spiritual Failure | October 31st, 2021 | Shawn Peterson
- Decisions Build Upon Decisions | November 7th, 2021 | Shawn Peterson
- Righteous Belief | November 14th, 2021 | Ben Graham
- Running Ahead of God | November 21st, 2021 | Shawn Peterson
- Abram Meets God Almighty | November 28th, 2021 | Shawn Peterson
- 23 Years of Transformation | January 9th, 2022 | Shawn Peterson
- God the Righteous Judge | January 16th, 2022 | Shawn Peterson
- How to Deal with Repetitive Sin | January 23, 2022 | Shawn Peterson
- God is an Everlasting God | January 30th, 2022 | Shawn Peterson
- Faith Test | February 6th, 2022 | Ben Graham
- Called to Live as Exiles | February 13th, 2022 | Shawn Peterson
- How to Discover God’s Will | February 20th, 2022 | Shawn Peterson
- The Story of Your Life | February 27, 2022 | Shawn Peterson
Returning to God after a Spiritual Failure | October 31st, 2021
Abraham returned to faith after a spiritual failure in Genesis 12. When he is faced with discouraging obstacles, he has another choice to make. He chooses to trust God to keep His promises. We have amazing promises too, but we have to wait for them to be fulfilled.
Running Ahead of God | November 21st, 2021
In Genesis 16, we see how Abram and Sarai deal with waiting by running ahead of God instead of turning to Him. Amazingly, we learn that even when people run away from God, He is on a personal rescue mission to find us.
Download G2Q Word Doc
Download G2Q PDF
Abram Meets God Almighty | November 28th, 2021
In Genesis 17, Abram meets with God Almighty. The all-powerful and all-benevolent Almighty God gives new life to something dead. This is why there is always hope for life.
Download G2Q Word Doc
Download G2Q PDF
23 Years of Transformation | January 9th, 2022
In Genesis 18, we examine God’s timing in Abraham’s story. God needed to develop Abraham and Sarah into the trusting, loving, quick-to-listen and slow-to-speak people that He needed to be the parents of His nation. One of God’s best tools for such character transformation is waiting.
How to Deal with Repetitive Sin | January 23rd, 2022
This week we dive into Genesis 20. This message gets to the heart of repetitive sin. Breaking the cycle begins with identifying our core idols: comfort, control, power, or approval. We must make the choice to trust God partially or completely.
God is an Everlasting God | January 30th, 2022
This week we look at Genesis 21. Abraham felt tired and weary as he waited for God to fulfill His promises. And now, seeing God’s partial fulfillment through the birth of Isaac, his hope and strength is renewed. Being an Everlasting God means that He keeps His promises and He wants us to cling to them tenaciously.
Faith Test | February 6th, 2022
In Genesis 22, we see that Abraham is being called to offer up the very promise that God fulfilled, Isaac. Abraham chooses to trust God and move forward in faith. God wants us to hold on to His promises with clenched fists and trust Him, even when it doesn’t make sense to us.
Called to Live as Exiles | February 13th, 2022
In Genesis 23, God is giving us a powerful lesson about the tension between living in this world and our calling to live as exiles. As an exile in this world, we’re not meant for the troubles of life to shape our character or unsettle us. We’re meant to live above the common entrapments of this life because this world isn’t our everything.
The Story of Your Life | February 27th, 2022
We conclude the series with Genesis 25. Abraham’s life tells the story of faith in a faithful God. By faith Abraham followed God’s calling, he looked beyond his circumstances, and he trusted God’s faithfulness. Just like Abraham, taking a step into the unknown is part of the story of our lives.