In the second part of the Sermon on the Mount, Jesus describes how a Christian is to live in this world. But if we’re living as a Gospel-centered person, we have the ability to live Christ-like even when the world is upside-down around us. We’ll cover topics from scripture such as relationships, persecution, lust, etc. and what it means to be a person living the Gospel in these areas.
Gospel Living in an Upside-Down World
- Peacemakers | February 16, 2020 | Shawn Peterson | Matthew 5:7-12; 38-4
- Salt and Light | February 23, 2020 | Shawn Peterson | Matthew 5:13-16
- Law and Gospel | March 1, 2020 | Ben Graham | Matthew 5:17-20
- Anger and Murder | March 8, 2020 | Shawn Peterson| Matthew 5:21-26
- Defiant Hope Part 1 | March 22, 2020 | Shawn Peterson| Psalm 23
- Defiant Hope Part 2 | March 29, 2020 | Shawn Peterson| Psalm 23
Salt and Light | February 23, 2020
This world is broken and dying. If we become overly optimistic about circumstances, we’re fooling ourselves. Our only hope in this world is Jesus. He is the preserving salt and hope-giving light of this world.
Law and Gospel | March 1, 2020
When we invite the Holy Spirit to show us our sin, we increase the view of our sin and take it to the cross. We don’t need to try and fix it ourselves, live in fear, shame or guilt because the cross covers it all.
Anger and Murder | March 8, 2020
In Matthew 5:21-26, Jesus expands the meaning of murder. He is saying that it’s just as important what’s in our hearts as to how we behave. We can go to God and ask Him to change our hearts.
Defiant Hope Part 1 | March 22, 2020
Join us as we kick off a three part mini series on Psalm 23. We learn how we can have defiant hope in the midst of any circumstance