July 29, 2020
The church staff is working diligently to serve and shepherd you during this unusual and difficult time. There is good news and tough news that affect us all. The Good News is that Jesus is and always will reign. We can live with confidence and contentment that He gives us, regardless of our circumstances. The tough news is that many of us miss worshiping together in a large group.
Would you help us make future plans and serve you better by answering 4 questions about gathering together for Sunday worship services? This will take you a few minutes.
Click below to take the survey. Please complete the survey by Sunday, August 2.
Important updates about reopening the FBC campus!
June 16, 2020
We’ve missed you and we’re excited to be able to welcome you back to the FBC Campus!!! Below are some important things for you to know about attending events on our campus in the coming weeks:
Reservations are Required
We are now able to take reservations for groups of up to 50 people to gather inside at FBC. We are only reserving space for the SHED and outside at this time. We are working hard to create meaningful events, while complying with government guidelines therefore, all gatherings on campus require reservations. To request a reservation, click here.
If you have been ill recently or been exposed to someone who was ill recently, please do not attend gatherings on the FBC campus.
Everyone’s welcome and because we strive to keep you safer, we have several virtual ways you can connect with others including online services, G2 Zoom Calls, and our Care Team who can assist you with meeting needs or running errands.
We request all children, ages 11 and older, and adults to wear facial coverings while on the FBC campus. If you need a mask, we are happy to provide one for you. Our Days for Girls team has supplied over 12,000 masks since March to over 178 groups in need!
- Do not arrive early, we are preparing for you and will be ready at the start time of the event.
- Park every other space when possible to allow people extra space loading and unloading vehicles.
- Look for signs and Welcome Team Members to assist with additional directions and information.
- Please maintain social distance with a minimum of 6 feet between people and don’t congregate blocking the flow of people. There are lots of ways to greet each other and catch up with people you haven’t seen in a while.
Entrances and Exits
- For Campfire Worship, bathroom access is available through the lower level north side doors. There are clearly marked signs to guide you.
- If you are meeting for a gathering in the SHED or outside, please check with church staff for information specific to your group.
- Bathrooms: we will be cleaning these frequently and every other stall will be closed to assist with spacing. If there is a line, please wait in the hallway, instead of the bathroom.
- Hand Sanitizer: is available throughout the building and we are making efforts to minimize touch by leaving doors open, hands free devices and service modifications.
- Beverages and Snacks: we will not be opening Gathering Grounds Cafe or providing events with food for a while, bring personal items with you if needed.
Modifications on Campus
We’re making some exciting updates to our main building and we can’t wait to show you when it’s all done! We are also working harder to keep you safe. The main building and SHED have been thoroughly cleaned including the auditorium chairs, carpets, and all surfaces. Throughout the campus, you will find hand sanitizer and broader spacing as we accommodate social distancing guidelines
Each group meeting on campus will have a Group Host. The Group Host should be sensitive to providing an experience with safe social distance of staying 6-8 feet apart during the entire event and limit contact with shared items. They will also clean the space when the event is over.
Before You Leave the Space
- Anyone who helps clean should wash their hands and put on gloves prior to beginning. The instructions for the space are with the cleaners, gloves, and supplies.
- Use the cleaners available and clean the space after you are done. This includes entrance doorways, meeting spaces, and bathrooms.
- After cleaning is complete, just flip the door sign to “this room is ready for you.” We appreciate your assistance with this important safety action.
Updated Friday, June 5, 2020
- We have several outdoor Campfire Worship nights scheduled in June on Tuesday and Friday evenings, 6:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- We will continue to provide an online church service even after we start in person services again.
- We hope to provide a meaningful live worship experience, when we can meet with at least 250 people at one time.
- We do have plans prepared to create a safer environment for gathering including cleaning and social distancing practices in the auditorium, bathrooms, childcare, entry ways and exits, etc. We plan to communicate the specifics of this plan to our staff, volunteers, and congregation closer to our reopen date when that is determined.
- We plan to communicate updates following significant information announced by or received from state and local health officials. Check this page and social media for updates in addition to emails to our congregation.
Update from Leadership
Friday, May 22, 2020
Dear Foothills Family,
You may have heard an announcement on Friday, May 22 from the White House that houses of worship have been deemed essential and are allowed to open. While this is exciting news and we cannot wait to be together again physically, the church is not open for worshiping together physically just yet. It is of the utmost importance for us to keep everyone safe and healthy which takes time and preparation. We are working diligently to finalize a plan to reopen. We will communicate with you as soon as the plan is ready to implement and we’re ready to return to on-campus services.
Meanwhile, we look forward to worshiping together online. The Lord has used this platform in amazing ways and we know He is at work! Thank you for your continued faithfulness to FBC and we appreciate your prayers as we move to reopen.
In His Name,
Foothills Bible Church
WATCH CHURCH ONLINE
We are broadcasting services on Sundays at 8:45 and 10:45 a.m.
To watch the live stream, just click here to Watch Church Online through your browser on your computer, phone, or tablet. Be sure to get this set up a few minutes before 8:45 or 10:45 a.m. service times so you don’t miss a thing!
THANK YOU FOR YOUR FAITHFUL GIVING
Foothills Bible Church is financially sustained purely through your giving. As we suspend gatherings, we encourage you to give through the following ways:
- Giving online here
- Give through the FBC app with the Give button
- Mailing your offering to:
Foothills Bible Church
6100 S. Devinney Way
Littleton, CO 80127
If you have any questions related to giving, you can call or email Brad Smith at 303-567-7233 or email@example.com.
GOD IS WORKING!
God is going to work through this. How? In many ways we can’t foresee. We know two things for sure: God will use us to comfort and help those who are hurting or fearful. And God will teach each of us some important new lessons.
As always, please pray for our local and national leadership as they lead us through this time. Pray for those who are impacted by this disease, for healing and comfort. Pray that people all over the world draw closer to God as they perceive their own mortality.
- “In you, Lord my God, I put my trust.” Psalm 25:1
- “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life… Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?” Matthew 6:25a,27
- “Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.” 1 Peter 5:7
Response to protests and riots
How do we handle the violence and the injustice going on today? We pray.