Kids resources are separated into 5 different categories.
Resources updated every Friday by 12p.m.
Please click on the underlined resource title to be directed to the proper section.
KID’S EXPERIENCE VIDEOS
BASECAMP (2’s – Kinder) Video
TIMBERLINE (1st – 4th) Video
ASCENT (5th – 6th) Video
BASECAMP (2’s – 5’s)
God (point up)
loved the world so much (hug yourself)
that he gave (hands out with palms up)
his only Son, (rock arms like a baby)
John 3:16. (Open hands like a book.)
TIMBERLINE (Kinder – 4th)
*Use either Basecamp or Ascent activities based on your child’s interest.
JUST FOR FUN: EXPLORE
WHAT YOU NEED: Cornstarch, lotion, body wash or hair conditioner, large mixing bowl, small paper plates, and zip-top bags (optional)
WHAT YOU DO:
• Mix the cornstarch and lotion (or body wash/conditioner) together in a large
• If you think your kid can handle it with self-control, let them take turns helping
• Once the mixture is firm and has the consistency of modeling dough, give
each kid a small paper plate and ball of dough.
• Instruct the kids to shape the dough into something that represents what they love MOST about Christmas.
WHAT YOU SAY:
“Wow! There are lots and lots of things to love about Christmas. You might
hope for some or ALL of these things this Christmas season.Today, we’ll hear about something people had been hoping for—for hundreds of years! It’s what Christmas is all about.”
ASCENT (5th – 6th)
*See also Timberline Activities
• What’s your favorite thing to do during the Christmas season?
• What brings you joy and fun at Christmastime?
• What are you hoping for right now? (Not just in terms of what are you hoping to receive for Christmas, but is something you’re hoping will happen or how do you hope Christmas will turn out this year?)
• Why is hope important? How can we stay hopeful this time of year, especially with everything going on in our world right now?
MR. PHILTV EPISODE & FRIENDS
Click here for the Douglas Talks: Christmas Prophecy
- The birth of Jesus Christ fulfilled SO MANY prophecies. On Christmas, we celebrate the coming of the promised Messiah. God spoke to the prophets in the Old Testament, long before Jesus was born, about the coming Savior!
Click here for the Douglas Talks: Shepherds
- God chose shepherds to share the greatest news ever: The Promised Messiah has come! Shepherds were not especially respected, so why did God choose them instead of kings or religious leaders to share the news of the birth of His Only Son, Jesus? Maybe it was to show us that He sent Jesus for EVERYONE, not just “important” people
PARENT CUE CARDS
Salvation Guide – Parent conversation guide…for kids