Awana is focused on building lasting faith foundations for children through the memorization of Scripture.
- Who: Kids 2 years old – 6th grade
- When: Tuesday nights, 6:30 – 8:00 p.m.
- Where: Awana room downstairs
- Season: August – May
Registration for the 2019-2020 Awana season will open Monday, June 10.
What is Awana all about?
This amazing program helps churches and parents work together to develop spiritually strong children who faithfully follow Jesus Christ. Awana stands for “Approved Workmen Are Not Ashamed.”
Awana cares about your child’s future…right now! You care about shaping values, building character and providing the tools needed for your child to develop a strong moral foundation. That’s why we’d like to tell you about Awana Clubs.
We want to come alongside you and support your endeavor and to help you spiritually lead your child. We want to help your child learn about the Bible and apply biblical truths to their lives, but their ultimate spiritual training comes from you. Never forget that you have the most influence on your child’s spiritual development! That’s why we want Awana to be a tool for you to use as your child grows and matures.
Throughout the year we also have some fun special events for the different clubs such as Red Carpet Night, Grand Prix race, store nights and guest performers. Many of our club nights are themed, such as crazy hair night, western night, super hero night, etc. Clubbers also have an opportunity to raise support for global and local outreach.
Adults can get involved too – we also have several volunteer opportunities available!
What do Awana Clubs offer my child?
- Biblical teaching
- Basics for a relationship with God
- A foundation for a biblical worldview
- Ultra-fun physical activity and competition
- Bible memorization
- Positive friendships
- Support for parents as they spiritually nurture their children
- In-club adult affirmation and encouragement on how to thrive in group settings
- Awards and recognition for accomplishments
- Awana designed a three-part program to maximize your child’s attention, energy and time.
- Fun and exciting games
- Small group time with a caring adult leader. No one gets lost in the crowd. Your child receives individualized attention as they work through an introductory booklet and then an age-specific handbook.
- An interactive large group segment where kids meet together to sing, hear a Bible lesson and receive awards. Awana leaders go the extra mile to help your kids understand the Bible and how it applies to their lives in an exciting and challenging way.
Adult leaders of all ages are needed in order to make AWANA a possibility. If you are interested in helping kids memorize God’s Word, then this is a SUPER way to serve! Fill out our Volunteer Application now!